If you are a NetGalley reader, you're in luck!
You can read it now before the publish date. Just click the button below to be taken directly to the link in NetGalley.
What if one piece of information could improve every relationship in your life—not only your romantic relationships, but your relationships with your family, your colleagues, and yourself?
Do you wonder why some people seem to have loving, fulfilling relationships and you don’t? Maybe you tend to put aside your needs to make others happy. Or you can’t find people who measure up to your standards. Perhaps you worry that no one will ever truly see and love you for who you are. Most of us have unconscious patterns and stories we believe about ourselves and others, and these beliefs shape our behavior in our relationships. To recognize and change these patterns, you need to know how power archetypes are at work in your life.
Despite popular belief, no relationships are automatically doomed. And despite of appearances, no relationships (especially romantic relationships) are completely drama-free.
If some (or many) of your relationships are struggling, or if you're single because you've encountered one problem after another in your relationships (or perhaps the same problem keeps surfacing with different people), there is something you can do about it:
Understand the patterns, stories, myths, and programs that you believe about yourself and how it shapes your relationships.
You will know how to relate with others authentically rather than hide behind masks that you created to "protect" yourself.
There's a reason why you're attracted to certain personalities. You will find out why!
Resolve your fear and anxiety over not meeting society's expectations in relationships, and breathe new life into your ongoing relationships!
You'll stop competing for power in your relationships.
Know how to stop repeating detrimental patterns in your relationships.
Whether you realize it or not, there’s a story that governs your relationship. Most of us have unconscious patterns, stories, myths, and programs that we believe about ourselves and others, and these beliefs shape our behavior and how we function in our relationships. We go about our days repeating the same behaviors, day in and day out. More often than not, we’re not even aware of how our thoughts work to shape what we do. Unless you’ve made the effort to stop and examine the patterns and stories at play in your relationships, you’re probably engaging in the same old behaviors time and again. To recognize and change these behaviors you need to know how power archetypes are at work in your relationships.
You have a dominant power archetype, as does your partner. That archetype determines how you react in times of need, and being overwhelmed, stressed, and afraid. Your power archetype has both balanced and shadow aspects. As a child, (for whatever reason) you believed your caregiver did not accept or approve of a part of your personality. Intuitively, you split and separated yourself from the personality traits you believed were bad. You were ashamed to have those traits as part of your identity. Those unaccepted traits became your shadow, or denied self.
Identifying and understanding your archetype will help you see the stories at play in your relationship, along with how you and your partner interact with those stories. It will also help you uncover your shadow aspects and see how they influence your relationships when you feel you are losing power. Knowing and understanding power archetypes will help you stop struggling to take power from others and realize that you can instead gain power—and have healthier relationships—by making conscious choices. By learning your dominant power archetype you can uncover the heart of the conflict in your relationships and move into a place of confidence, balance, and happiness.
By absorbing and practicing the lessons in this book you will:
• Be encouraged to take full responsibility for your behavior, thoughts, feelings, actions, and reactions
• Be supported in digging deeper and understanding what is really going on when you compete for power with your partner
• Understand what inside you is driving your external reactions
• Understand the power dynamics happening between you and your partner and why these competitions for power occur
• Move from unconscious to conscious behavior when you are triggered in your relationship
• Make conscious choices, and transform your reactions to responses
• Reduce power struggles and conflict in your relationship
• Strengthen a loving bond between you and your partner
• Understand what you need from your partner to feel safe and secure in your relationship
• Find yourself able to communicate your needs effectively and appropriately
• Promote listening and understanding between you and your partner
• Encourage growth and compassion in your relationship
• Feel supported in opening your heart to your partner, and feeling and connecting with your partner
• Feel supported in making conscious choices to move towards solutions and an interdependent relationship
• Learn how to shed light on the shadow aspects of your power archetypes
• Transcend the dominant shadow power archetype and access the positive attributes of the archetype to your advantage
“Life is made of moments; how deep those moments are depends on the quality of your relationships.”
Sharon Craig is a Professional Dating and Relationship Coach with more than 20 years’ of experience helping people work toward better, more fulfilling relationships. She was born in the UK and has lived and worked in four different countries. She works with a variety of clients, including singles, couples, parents, single parents and stepparents, families and stepfamilies, teens, children, people in relationships where there is domestic violence, teen parents, and people who experience conflict in the workplace.
In 1999, Sharon qualified as a social worker in the UK. A graduate of the Advanced Couples and Singles Coaching programs through Relationship Coaching Institute (RCI), she has been awarded a Diploma in Professional Coaching (NZQA), and certified as a HeartMath® Coach.
Copyright © 2020 Coach 2 Connect